Sunday, 28 October 2012

Problems with Virgin Media broadband connection...


In past year I had virgin broadband connected in two different places. Virgin cable at one place, and national broadband at another place due to no cable available in this area. I'm also a virgin mobile customer, with two pay monthly contracts. I've moved to another place recently in 06/2012 and I'm trying to get virgin cable connected here. I've put a order to get my broadband moved from E1, London to my new address SE5, London, and switch to virgin media cable, as Virgin Media have a cables here. After a short while I got a phone call from Virgin Media spot team, telling me that due to Olympic in London, Virgin can not do this because cables to my place have to go through front street door, and TFL ban any scheduled maintenance jobs on roads class A and B in London. I can understand this, so I follow suggestions and contacted Virgin... placed another order in August, when Olympic was about to end, to get my connection sorted. After I placed my second order, guy from Local Virgin Spotter’s Team contacted me, telling me that my flat can not be connected. He said it's because my windows are in the back side of the building. I have explained, that windows may be in the back of the building but cable can go through front side, but he didn't really listen. After conversation was over, I sent him response to his e-mail to explain this, but he ignores me and never respond back. I sent him another e-mail couple of days ago, asking if something changed, as I can clearly see virgin cables connecting my neighbours from front and back of the building. When I look though my back side of the building window, I can see 2 virgin media cables there,connecting 2 different flats, that's 5 meters away. On corridor in my building, I can see another flat connected with virgin media cable, and that's only 1 meter away from my door, next to my flat. So why someone who has door to his flat 1 meter away can be connected to virgin media through cable, and I can not be? I would really like to be a virgin media customer, I had 2 different connections from Virgin, I still have 2 mobile contracts with Virgin, I'm loyal customer, but Virgin "Local Spotter’s Team" is just rubbish. I think it's easy installation, if Virgin connected flat that is 1 meter away from me, why they can not connect me? Virgin can even save 1 meter of cable! Sad story, because every order for Virgin Media cable go through this crap Local Spotter's Team :(

No comments:

Post a Comment